Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday 3/29/08

I play in a flag football league. We were running the ball pretty good, but the other team was starting to blitz on every play anticipating the run. So we called a play to fake the run and throw a swing pass to me out of the backfield. I caught the ball and went about 20 yards. I had one last person to beat, so I broke down and attempted to juke him. Next I heard a loud pop, and everyone within 10 yards of me heard it too. I figured my knee dislocated. This happened my freshman year of college, a tackle chop blocked me and my knee cap ended up on the left side of my leg. I tore my mcl, had cartilage damage, and torn my acl 45 percent. Thankfully the doctors decided my acl was stable enough and I did not have to go through the eight months of hell.

Back to flag football...
The pain was intense I almost threw up. But I walked off the field and later that night was walking around. Last time I hurt my knee I had to be carried off the filed, and couldn't walk for weeks. I was hoping I just got lucky and might have strained a few things.

Sunday...
My right knee is the size of a grape fruit, im taking about 20 Advil for the pain. My lovely g/f is helping me ice it and elevate it. At this point I have no movement at all. Ive called work and I'm going to be working from home all week.

Monday-Thursday...
Ive set an appointment to see the orto who examined my knee after my operation from the original injury. Continued icing has removed the swelling, and im getting a lot of motion back, im even hoping I can run on Saturday.

No comments: