Saturday, April 5, 2008

First date converstaion

Trying to sum up how I've become a neurotic compulsive runner, and transitioning into how I just blew out my ACL is some what hard to do... but here goes.

Over the past two years I've morphed from a muscle bound (with a hole bunch of fat on top) former college footballer to an avid daily runner. The change has lead me to giving a ton of clothes away to goodwill, and loosing about 100 pounds. Each day I run seven miles on either my treadmill, or one at the gym. I also throw in some other cardio exercises. I grew up a fat kid, and obesity runs in my family, my metabolism is horrible, I gain weight quick. These are cornerstones to my running addiction. If I don't run for a given day I end up feeling worthless. Running to me is not just about compulsions, I work a stressful IT job, and running is my time each day where I unwind.


I have my weight where I want it now, it usually floats around 175. I eat pretty much whatever I want, and I LOVE BEER. Anytime I feel like I've eaten too much, or I gain weight, I run more.

No comments: