Saturday, April 5, 2008

Doom's Day 4/4/08

Went to JOI to see the orto. He explained to me that my knee did not dislocate, the loud sound I heard was my ACL tearing in half. He showed me this by moving my knee in a few various ways, that a knee shouldn't be able to move without restriction. I'm now getting the rundown I got a few years back... major surgery, year long recovery, pain, etc. Thinking about how much crap I will have to go through over the next year is causing me to wig out. I'm holding out hope he is wrong (he never is wrong), as I wait to get a MRI. I work for an insurance company and im insured by them, but I still have to wait for their approval. Hopefully by next week I can get the mri. Before I leave he advises me to start strengthening the knee before surgery, by using a bike in my gym.

I hit the gym on my lunch hour, I do weights for my upper body then move to the bike. I cant believe how hard it is to move my knee in the motion needed to pump the peddle. After a few minutes it loosens up and I ride about 6 miles and feel some level of worth again.

No comments: